things i LOVE: shopping, eating, cooking, drinking, dancing alone to good music, paper, design, family, good friends and my dog--the rockstar

Friday, May 11, 2012

Tough Cooking

Today at work we are having a little Mother's Day celebration in which everyone is bringing some sort of snack situation. Normally I forget and end up picking up donuts or bagels on the way in but this time I remembered ahead of time and got a fabulous recipe from my pal Kimber. She used to make said recipe in college for tailgates, parties and sometimes just to fatten us all up so of course I wanted to get my hands on it. It is SO easy and SO delicious and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an easy app.

Here goes: 
(I doubled up because it was for work but normally it is half the ingredients)

You will need:

A bowl for mixing
16 oz. of Plain Cream Cheese (I used  the Philadelphia Light)
16 oz. of Sour Cream (I used Daisy Light)
2 Cans of Refried Beans
2 Packets of Taco Seasoning (Old El Paso is by far my favorite taco seasoning - I got one original and one hot & spicy to heat it up a bit)
1 package of shredded Mexican Cheese


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees

Get all of your ingredients together 

Put the cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning in the bowl and mix it all up 

Then add your refried beans and mix until there are no lumps

Should look something like this - not very appetizing I know...

Then pour into your baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top and bake for about 20 - 22 minutes or until its bubbling.  

Enjoy with tortilla chips!

Thank you Kimber!





No comments:

Post a Comment