things i LOVE: shopping, eating, cooking, drinking, dancing alone to good music, paper, design, family, good friends and my dog--the rockstar

Thursday, March 8, 2012

KONY 2012

My routine in the morning consists of many things - taking my dog out, feeding him, washing my face, brushing my teeth (you get the picture)... but it starts out with approximately four alarms in order to get any of that started. Today I actually got up at the sound of the first alarm and of course got back in bed for a bit to check up on the usual facebook/twitter statis. I kept seeing this "Kony 2012" as well as links and photos and it definitely got my attention. My friend Kim's status was the first one I saw and I eventually went back and clicked on the link to KONY2012. (I remembered in college, Kim and a friend were involved with Invisible Children and we all thought they were crazy for driving through the night from Lawrence, KS to Chicago, IL to wait for Oprah to rescue the "Invisible Children" from Chicago.) Anyways, long story short, Joseph Kony is one of the world's worst war criminals and the Invisible Children  organization is taking a stand to make him "famous" in order to get him captured and stop the terror he is bringing to innocent people. He needs to be stopped. You can sign the pledge, donate, buy merchandise to support the cause, message celebrities and politicians and learn about the cause HERE

Invisible Children Supporters (and my friend Kim is somewhere in there) in Chicago 

The group in DC



No comments:

Post a Comment